What is the main focus of the Wooden Bluetooth Speaker Unit?
What are the resources provided for the Wooden Bluetooth Speaker Unit?
What do the NSW Syllabus outcomes for the Wooden Bluetooth Speaker Unit include?
Wooden Bluetooth Speaker Unit Overview
- Students will design and build a wooden Bluetooth speaker over 10 weeks.
- The unit covers practical woodworking, electronics, and coding, as well as design thinking, problem-solving, and project management.
- The unit will be assessed against NSW Syllabus and Australian Curriculum outcomes.
- NSW Syllabus outcomes include generating and communicating design ideas, planning and producing designed solutions, evaluating design ideas and processes, and understanding electronic systems.
- Australian Curriculum outcomes include investigating material characteristics, applying design thinking, evaluating design ideas and solutions, developing and communicating design ideas, and investigating electrical energy control.
- Resources include hand and power tools for woodworking, woodworking materials, electronics components, soldering iron, Arduino software, and online tutorials.
- Lesson 1 covers Bluetooth speaker introduction, safety in woodworking and electronics, and safety techniques and practices demonstration.
- Lesson 2 covers designing the Bluetooth speaker with Onshape and submitting the design for feedback.
- Lesson 3 covers wooden board planning and preparation with sawing and sanding techniques demonstration.
- Lesson 4 covers electronic components soldering with demonstration and students' hands-on practice.
- Lesson 5 covers programming the Arduino with an introduction to software, coding, and basic programming concepts, and step-by-step instructions.
- Lessons 6-8 cover assembling the Bluetooth speaker with component demonstration and students' hands-on practice.
- Lesson 9 covers Bluetooth speaker evaluation based on assessment criteria, and necessary changes. Lesson 10 covers presentation and reflection.
Test your knowledge on building a wooden Bluetooth speaker with this quiz! Covering practical woodworking, electronics, and coding, as well as design thinking, problem-solving, and project management, this quiz will challenge your understanding of the NSW Syllabus and Australian Curriculum outcomes. With questions on designing the Bluetooth speaker, planning and producing the solution, evaluating the design ideas and processes, understanding electronic systems, and more, this quiz is perfect for students who have completed the Wooden Bluetooth Speaker Unit Overview course. Put your
Make Your Own Quiz
Transform your notes into a shareable quiz, with AI.Get started for free