What is Stephen Covey most known for?
What was the name of Covey's book that was published in 1970?
What did Covey argue against in his teachings?
What was the name of Covey's company that merged with Franklin Quest in 1997?
What degree did Covey earn from the University of Utah?
What is the name of Covey's book that focuses on moving from effectiveness to greatness?
What is the name of Covey's book that focuses on habits that lead to highly effective families?
What did Time magazine name Covey in 1996?
What was Covey's religion?
Stephen Covey: American Educator, Author, Businessman, and Motivational Speaker
- Stephen Covey was an American educator, author, businessman, and speaker.
- Covey’s most popular book is The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
- His other books include First Things First, Principle-Centered Leadership, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families, The 8th Habit, and The Leader In Me.
- In 1996, Time magazine named him one of the 25 most influential people.
- Covey earned a bachelor's degree in business administration from the University of Utah, an MBA from the Harvard Business School (HBS), and a Doctor of Religious Education from Brigham Young University (BYU).
- Covey's book Spiritual Roots of Human Relations was published in 1970 by Deseret Book Company.
- Covey argues against what he calls "The Personality Ethic," something he sees as prevalent in many modern self-help books.
- Covey presents his teachings in a series of habits, manifesting as a progression from dependence via independence to interdependence.
- Covey's 2004 book The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness was published by Free Press, an imprint of Simon & Schuster.
- Covey launched Stephen R. Covey and Associates, which, in 1997, merged with Franklin Quest to form FranklinCovey.
- Covey died from complications resulting from a bike accident at the age of 79.
- Covey was a practicing member of the LDS Church.
Test your knowledge on the life and work of Stephen Covey, the renowned American educator, author, businessman, and motivational speaker. Discover the secrets behind his best-selling book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, and learn about his other publications, including The 8th Habit and Principle-Centered Leadership. Challenge yourself to remember Covey's educational background, his views on self-help books, and his progression from dependence to interdependence. Take this quiz to honor the legacy of a man
Make Your Own Quiz
Transform your notes into a shareable quiz, with AI.Get started for free