What is the focus of fashion journalism?
When did fashion journalism develop?
What has made digital journalism more popular among fashion magazines?
What has contributed to the rise of digital magazine platforms?
What degree is required for a concentration in fashion journalism?
Who is the first and only fashion journalist to win The Pulitzer Prize for Criticism?
Who is the chief fashion director and fashion critic of The New York Times?
Who is the critic-at-large for New York Magazine's The Cut?
Who is an advocate for young designers as the Ambassador for Emerging talent at the British Fashion Council?
Overview of Fashion Journalism:
- Fashion journalism involves writing and photojournalism with a focus on fashion events, trends, and cultivating relationships with designers and stylists.
- Fashion journalism developed during the 18th century when fashion dolls were replaced by fashion magazines.
- The impact of the internet has made digital journalism more popular among fashion magazines like Vogue, Elle, and Marie Claire.
- Social media has also contributed to the rise of digital magazine platforms making them more interactive.
- A concentration in fashion journalism is specific to a number of fashion schools and requires at least a BA in fields such as journalism, communications, fashion, or related areas.
- Robin Givhan is the first and only fashion journalist to win The Pulitzer Prize for Criticism in 2006.
- Notable fashion journalists include Vanessa Friedman, Cathy Horyn, Sarah Mower, and Suzy Menkes.
- Vanessa Friedman is the chief fashion director and fashion critic of The New York Times and was the first fashion editor at the Financial Times.
- Cathy Horyn is the critic-at-large for New York Magazine's The Cut and has 15 years of experience as the former chief critic of The New York Times.
- Sarah Mower is a chief critic and columnist for American Vogue and is an advocate for young designers as the Ambassador for Emerging talent at the British Fashion Council.
- Suzy Menkes is a veteran fashion journalist and most recently was the Editor of Vogue International, and now produces a podcast called "Creative Conversations With Suzy Menkes."
- Fashion journalism requires a strong portfolio and experience in reporting on fashion to be hired as a fashion journalist post-grad.
Test your knowledge on the fascinating world of fashion journalism with this quiz! From the history of fashion magazines to the impact of digital journalism and social media, this quiz will cover it all. Learn about notable fashion journalists and their contributions to the industry, as well as what it takes to pursue a career in fashion journalism. Whether you're a fashion enthusiast or aspiring fashion journalist, this quiz is sure to challenge and educate you on this exciting field.
Ready to take the quiz?Play Quiz
Choose a plan
Flexible business plans for everyone. Perfect for corporate training, employee engagement and marketing campaigns.
- Available to everyone
- All features
- API Access
Learn smarter with our education plans. Designed just for students and teachers.
- Just for students and teachers
- Generate study materials
- Share quizzes with students