In welchem Jahr wurde Angela Merkel geboren?
Welche Partei war Angela Merkel zu Beginn ihrer politischen Karriere angehörig?
Wie lange war Angela Merkel Bundeskanzlerin?
- Angela Dorothea Merkel was born on July 17, 1954 in Hamburg, Germany.
- Merkel was first politically active during the German Democratic Republic period, when she was a part of the political party, the Democratic Awakening.
- Merkel won her first parliamentary seat in the 1990 German elections, and served as Minister of Family Affairs and Youth in the first and last democratically elected government of the German Democratic Republic.
- Merkel was elected as the Leader of the CDU in 2000 and held the position until her resignation in 2021.
- Merkel is widely considered to be the most powerful woman in the world, and is the de facto leader of the European Union.
- Merkel resigned as Chancellor of Germany in 2021 after serving for 18 years.
Test your knowledge about the life and political career of Angela Merkel, the former Chancellor of Germany and leader of the Christian Democratic Union. Learn interesting facts about her early political activities, leadership roles, and global influence.
Make Your Own Quiz
Transform your notes into a shareable quiz, with AI.Get started for free