What is escapology?
Who is considered the patron saint of Catholic escapologists?
Which of the following is NOT a type of restraint that escapologists escape from?
Who is responsible for making escapology a recognized entertainment?
What is the Global Escapology Organisation (GEO)?
Who managed the fastest ever recorded escape from a straitjacket while suspended?
What combination of skills is required for escapology?
Which of the following is NOT a society dedicated to the art of escapology?
Which of the following is a notable escape artist?
Escapology: The Art of Escape from Restraints
- Escapology is the practice of escaping from restraints or other traps.
- Escapologists escape from handcuffs, straitjackets, cages, coffins, steel boxes, barrels, bags, burning buildings, fish-tanks, and other perils, often in combination.
- The art of escaping from restraints and confined spaces has been a skill employed by performers for a very long time.
- Harry Houdini was responsible for making escapology a recognized entertainment.
- Houdini built his career on demonstrating the ability to escape from a huge variety of restraints and difficult situations.
- St. Nicholas Owen is considered by Catholic escapologists as their patron saint.
- The United Kingdom Escape Artists, International Escapologists Society, and Escape Masters are some of the societies dedicated to the art of escapology.
- Global Escapology Organisation (GEO) is the latest organization founded in February 2021.
- Lucas Wilson, an illusionist from Canada, managed the fastest ever recorded escape from a straitjacket while suspended; he escaped in 8.4 seconds while hanging upside down from his ankles at a height of 1m.
- Some of the notable escape artists are Harry Houdini, David Copperfield, Dorothy Dietrich, and James Randi.
- Escapology has been a subject of interest in fiction, including movies and novels.
- Escapology is a unique art that requires a combination of technical skills, physical endurance, and creativity.
Test your knowledge on Escapology, the art of escaping from restraints and confined spaces with our quiz! From Harry Houdini to modern-day illusionists, this quiz covers the history, techniques, and notable performers of this unique art form. Challenge yourself and see how much you really know about Escapology!
Ready to take the quiz?Play Quiz
Choose a plan
Flexible business plans for everyone. Perfect for corporate training, employee engagement and marketing campaigns.
- Available to everyone
- All features
- API Access
Learn smarter with our education plans. Designed just for students and teachers.
- Just for students and teachers
- Generate study materials
- Share quizzes with students