What is Ralph Lauren best known for?
What was Ralph Lauren's first product?
What inspired the name of Ralph Lauren's first full line of menswear?
When did Ralph Lauren Corporation enter the European market?
What is the name of the emblem that was introduced to the world for the first time on Ralph Lauren Corporation's line of tailored shirts for women?
Where did Ralph Lauren attend high school?
What is the name of the cancer center established by Ralph Lauren in Harlem?
What is the name of Ralph Lauren's 17,000 sq foot manor in Bedford, New York?
What was Ralph Lauren's donation to the Obama Victory Fund in 2012?
Ralph Lauren's Life and Career
- Ralph Lauren is an American fashion designer, philanthropist, and billionaire businessman.
- He is best known for the Ralph Lauren Corporation, a global multibillion-dollar enterprise.
- Lauren was born in the Bronx, New York City, to Ashkenazi Jewish immigrants Frieda (Cutler) and Frank Lifshitz.
- Lauren attended day school followed by the Manhattan Talmudical Academy, before eventually graduating from DeWitt Clinton High School in 1957.
- He launched The Ralph Lauren Corporation in 1967 with men's ties.
- Drawing on his interests in sports, Lauren named his first full line of menswear 'Polo' in 1968.
- In 1971, Ralph Lauren Corporation launched a line of tailored shirts for women, which introduced the Polo player emblem to the world for the first time, appearing on the shirt's cuff.
- The company entered the European market, and went international in 1981 with the opening of the first freestanding store for an American designer on New Bond Street in the West End of London, England.
- Lauren owns a 17,000-acre cattle ranch in Ridgway, Colorado, and a 17,000 sq foot manor built in 1919 in Bedford, New York.
- Ralph Lauren is well known as a collector of automobiles, with about 100 automobiles, some being extremely rare.
- Lauren has been involved in philanthropic work throughout his career, including the establishment of the Ralph Lauren Center for Cancer Care and Prevention in Harlem and the Royal Marsden Ralph Lauren Center for Breast Cancer Research.
- Lauren made regular small donations to U.S. Democratic candidates, including a $35,800 donation to the Obama Victory Fund in 2012.
How much do you know about the life and career of fashion icon Ralph Lauren? Test your knowledge with our quiz and learn more about his upbringing, early career, and the history of his global fashion empire. From his iconic Polo line to his philanthropic work, this quiz will explore all aspects of Ralph Lauren's life and legacy. Come prove your fashion knowledge and learn something new!
Ready to take the quiz?Play Quiz
Choose a plan
Flexible business plans for everyone. Perfect for corporate training, employee engagement and marketing campaigns.
- Available to everyone
- All features
- API Access
Learn smarter with our education plans. Designed just for students and teachers.
- Just for students and teachers
- Generate study materials
- Share quizzes with students