What was Gianni Versace's profession?
Where was Gianni Versace born?
What was Gianni Versace's first job in fashion design?
What was unique about Gianni Versace's designs?
What was Gianni Versace's inspiration for his designs?
What did Gianni Versace expand his business into?
What was Gianni Versace's net worth at the time of his death?
Who inherited 50% of Gianni Versace's fashion empire?
Who murdered Gianni Versace?
Gianni Versace: The Life, Career, and Murder of an Italian Fashion Icon
- Gianni Versace was an Italian fashion designer, socialite, and businessman who founded the luxury fashion house, Versace.
- He was born in Reggio Calabria, Italy, in 1946, and grew up with his elder brother, Santo Versace, and younger sister, Donatella Versace.
- Versace began his apprenticeship at a young age in his mother's sewing business, and he became interested in architecture before moving to Milan at the age of 26 to work in fashion design.
- He became the designer of "Byblos" in 1973, and in 1977, he designed Complice, another line for Genny. A few years later, he presented his first signature collection for women.
- After opening his Milan boutique in 1978, Versace quickly became a sensation on the international fashion scene. His designs employed vivid colors, bold prints, and sexy cuts, which were a refreshing contrast to the prevailing taste for muted colors and simplicity.
- Versace was very proud of his southern Italian heritage and infused his designs with motifs inspired by historical fashion and art movements, especially Graeco-Roman art.
- He expanded the business into jewelry and housewares, designing luxury furnishings, china, and textiles for the home, and he was unusual in retaining complete creative control over all aspects of his company.
- Versace was a prolific costume designer for stage productions and performing artists, and he was a collaborator at the La Scala Theatre Ballet in Milan.
- Versace was known for his adoration towards his nieces and nephews: Santo's two children, Francesca and Antonio, and Donatella's two children, Allegra and Daniel.
- On the morning of 15 July 1997, Versace was murdered outside his Miami Beach mansion, Casa Casuarina, by spree killer Andrew Cunanan, who had earlier murdered four other men.
- Versace's murder was witnessed by his former UK senior stylist, Dean Aslett, who was on vacation in South Beach, Miami, and had partied with Versace a few days prior.
- In his will, Versace left 50% of his fashion empire to his niece, Allegra Versace.
- At the time of his death, Versace's empire was valued at $807 million and included 130 boutiques across the world.
How well do you know the life, career, and tragic death of Italian fashion icon, Gianni Versace? Test your knowledge with our quiz and learn about Versace's early apprenticeship, his rise to fame in the fashion industry, his creative vision, and his impact on the world of luxury fashion and design. Discover the details of his murder, his legacy, and the family members who inherited his fashion empire. This quiz is perfect for anyone interested in fashion, design, and the fascinating story
Ready to take the quiz?Play Quiz
Choose a plan
Flexible business plans for everyone. Perfect for corporate training, employee engagement and marketing campaigns.
- Available to everyone
- All features
- API Access
Learn smarter with our education plans. Designed just for students and teachers.
- Just for students and teachers
- Generate study materials
- Share quizzes with students