What is RuPaul's Drag Race?
Who serves as the host, mentor, and head judge of RuPaul's Drag Race?
What is the format of RuPaul's Drag Race?
Which network has aired RuPaul's Drag Race?
How many seasons of RuPaul's Drag Race have aired?
What are some of the companion series of RuPaul's Drag Race?
What is the controversy surrounding RuPaul's Drag Race?
What is the impact of RuPaul's Drag Race on popular culture?
How many transgender contestants were there in season 14 of RuPaul's Drag Race?
RuPaul's Drag Race is an American television series that documents RuPaul's search for "America's next drag superstar" and has inspired numerous international versions and spin-off shows. The show has aired on Logo TV, WOW Presents Plus, VH1, and MTV. RuPaul serves as host, mentor, and head judge, alongside a panel of judges that includes Michelle Visage, Carson Kressley, Ross Mathews, and Ts Madison. The show has won numerous awards, including seven consecutive Emmy Awards for Outstanding Host for a Reality or Competition Program for RuPaul and four consecutive Primetime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Reality-Competition Program. The show's format includes mini and maxi challenges, a runway walk, and a lip sync for your life. The judging panel includes rotating celebrity guest judges. Companion series include RuPaul's Drag Race: Untucked, Whatcha Packin', Fashion Photo Ruview, and The Pit Stop. The show has aired fifteen seasons and has been filmed in four weeks. Seasons 1-8 aired on Logo TV, and seasons 9-14 aired on VH1.A Brief History of RuPaul's Drag Race
- RuPaul's Drag Race is a reality competition television series produced by World of Wonder for Logo TV and, beginning with the ninth season, VH1.
- The show features RuPaul in search for "America's Next Drag Superstar."
- The first season premiered on February 2, 2009, and the most recent season, season 14, premiered on January 7, 2022.
- The show has had more than 150 contestants and has sparked controversy over the use of the term "shemale" and transphobic comments made by RuPaul.
- The show has been nominated for 39 Emmy Awards and has won 24.
- The show has been ranked 93rd on The Guardian's list of the 100 best TV shows of the 21st century.
- The show has featured notable queer celebrities as guest judges including Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
- The show has multiple spin-offs including RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars, RuPaul's Secret Celebrity Drag Race, and RuPaul's Drag Race UK.
- Full seasons of shows in the Drag Race franchise are available to stream on WOW Presents Plus in over 200 territories.
- The winner of season 14 was Willow Pill, with Lady Camden as runner-up and Kornbread "The Snack" Jeté as Miss Congeniality.
- The show has had a significant impact on popular culture and has been described as "the closest gay culture gets to a sports league."
- The show has had five transgender contestants in season 14, and RuPaul has since updated his catchphrase to promote inclusivity.
Are you a true fan of RuPaul's Drag Race? Test your knowledge of the iconic reality competition series with our quiz! From the show's history and format, to the contestants and judges, this quiz will challenge even the most dedicated Drag Race enthusiasts. So, sashay your way through our questions and see if you have what it takes to become America's next Drag Race superfan! Keywords: RuPaul's Drag Race, reality competition, contestants, judges, history, format, quiz.
Ready to take the quiz?Start Quiz
Upgrade to continue
Save an additional 20% with coupon: SAVE20
To do that, you need to upgrade to a paid plan.