What does community health refer to?
What is the focus of community health?
What are the three categories of medical interventions that occur in communities?
What are the two categories of community health services?
How is community health generally measured?
What is Primary Healthcare?
What does Secondary prevention refer to?
What does Tertiary healthcare refer to?
What is Community-Based Participatory Research (CBPR)?
Field of Community Health
- Community health refers to simple health services that are delivered by laymen outside hospitals and clinics.
- Community health is a major field of study within the medical and clinical sciences which focuses on the maintenance, protection, and improvement of the health status of population groups and communities.
- Medical interventions that occur in communities can be classified as three categories: Primary care, Secondary care, and Tertiary care.
- Community health services are classified into categories including Community health workers and volunteers.
- Community health is generally measured by Geographical Information Systems and Demographic data.
- Primary Healthcare is provided by health professionals, specifically the ones a patient sees first that may refer them to Secondary or Tertiary care.
- Secondary prevention refers to improvements made in a patient's lifestyle or environment after the onset of disease or disability.
- Tertiary healthcare refers to highly specialized care usually involving disease or disability management.
- Community-Based Participatory Research (CBPR) is a unique alternative that combines community participation, inquiry, and action.
- Access to community health in the Global South is influenced by geographic accessibility, availability, financial accessibility, and acceptability.
- Community development is frequently used as a public health intervention to empower communities to obtain self-reliance and control over the factors that affect their health.
- Slum-dwellers in the Global South face threats of infectious disease, non-communicable conditions, and injuries due to violence and road traffic accidents.
Are you interested in the field of community health? Test your knowledge with our quiz! From primary care to community-based participatory research, this quiz covers a wide range of topics related to community health. Learn about the different types of community health services and interventions, how community health is measured, and the challenges faced by communities in the Global South. With this quiz, you'll be able to assess your understanding of this important field and expand your knowledge on the topic.
Ready to take the quiz?Start Quiz
Upgrade to continue
Save an additional 20% with coupon: SAVE20
To do that, you need to upgrade to a paid plan.