What was the fashion trend that became popular in 1994?
What was the influence of the internet and satellite television on fashion in the 1990s?
Which subcultures were popular in the 1990s?
What was the main characteristic of the fashion trend in the 1990s?
What was the common hairstyle for women in the 1990s?
What was the popular makeup trend for women in the 1990s?
What was the popular fashion trend for men in the 1990s?
What was the popular fashion trend for women in the 1990s?
What was the popular body modification trend in the 1990s?
Costume and Fashion of the 1990s:
- Fashion moved towards a minimalist style, in contrast to the elaborate trends of the 1980s.
- Mainstream adoption of tattoos and body piercings (excluding ear piercing) increased.
- Grunge and alternative rock music influenced the simple, unkempt grunge look, which became popular in 1994.
- Casual chic look included T-shirts, jeans, hoodies, and sneakers.
- Fashion trends in the 1990s recycled styles from previous decades, including 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s.
- The 1990s saw globalization of fashion due to the increased availability of the internet and satellite television.
- Women's fashion in the 1990s included neon colors, leggings, exercise-wear, glamour wear, work wear, Asian influences, 1970s revival, and casual chic.
- Men's fashion included casual clothing, grunge look, Cool Britannia and 1970s revival, modern preppy, hip-hop, African fashion, streetwear, and business wear.
- Subcultures of the 1990s included grunge, psychobilly, punk, skater, rave culture and clubwear, hip-hop, Britpop, goth, and preppy.
- Women's hairstyles included big curly hair, high ponytails, scrunchies, mall bangs, pixie cut, Rachel haircut, and the bob cut.
- Men's hairstyles included curtained hair, mullets, ponytails, flattops, hi-top fades, and cornrows.
- Women's makeup trends included dark red lipstick, neutral eyes, nude shades, matte lipsticks, blue-frosted eyeshadow, and glittery, sparkling makeup.
Take a trip down memory lane with our quiz on Costume and Fashion of the 1990s. From the minimalist style to the grunge scene, this quiz covers all the trends that defined the era. Test your knowledge on the fashion and subcultures of the time, from neon colors to African influences. Can you name the popular hairstyles and makeup trends of the 90s? Take the quiz and find out!
Ready to take the quiz?Start Quiz
Upgrade to continue
Save an additional 20% with coupon: SAVE20
To do that, you need to upgrade to a paid plan.