What is Richard H. Thaler's profession?
What is Thaler's contribution to the field of behavioral economics?
What is libertarian paternalism?
What is the title of Thaler's book co-authored with Cass Sunstein?
What is Fuller & Thaler Asset Management's investment philosophy?
What is the subject of the movie in which Thaler made a cameo appearance as himself?
What is Thaler's academic affiliation?
What is the name of Thaler's most famous book for a lay reader?
What is Thaler's most notable award?
Richard H. Thaler: American Economist
- Richard H. Thaler is an American economist and the Charles R. Walgreen Distinguished Service Professor of Behavioral Science and Economics at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
- Thaler is a theorist in behavioral economics who has collaborated with Daniel Kahneman, Amos Tversky, and others in further defining that field.
- In 2017, he was awarded the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences for his contributions to behavioral economics.
- Thaler advocates for libertarian paternalism, which describes public and private social policies that lead people to make good and better decisions through "nudges" without depriving them of the freedom to choose or significantly changing their economic incentives.
- Thaler is coauthor, with Cass Sunstein, of Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness (Yale University Press, 2008).
- Thaler has written a number of books intended for a lay reader on the subject of behavioral economics, including Quasi-rational Economics and The Winner's Curse.
- Thaler was the 2017 recipient of the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics for "incorporat[ing] psychologically realistic assumptions into analyses of economic decision-making.
- Thaler is the founder of an asset management firm, Fuller & Thaler Asset Management, which believes that investors will capitalize on cognitive biases such as the endowment effect, loss aversion and status quo bias.
- Thaler made a cameo appearance as himself in the 2015 movie The Big Short, which was about the credit and housing bubble collapse that led to the 2008 global financial crisis.
- Thaler has published over 90 papers in various sources, namely finance, business, and economic journals.
- Thaler is a member of the National Academy of Science, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, a Fellow of the American Finance Association, and more.
- Thaler was president of the American Economic Association in 2015.
How well do you know Richard H. Thaler, the American economist and Nobel Prize winner? Test your knowledge of Thaler's contributions to behavioral economics, his advocacy for libertarian paternalism, and his work as a professor and author with this engaging quiz. From his cameo appearance in The Big Short to his founding of an asset management firm, this quiz covers all aspects of Thaler's impressive career. Whether you're a fan or a curious learner, take the quiz to see how much you know about
Ready to take the quiz?Start Quiz
Upgrade to continue
Save an additional 20% with coupon: SAVE20
To do that, you need to upgrade to a paid plan.