How many teams take part in the final competition of EuroBasket?
Which country holds the record for the most gold medals in EuroBasket?
Which team won the EuroBasket title in 2022?
Which player has the highest career points per game average at EuroBasket?
Which country won eleven out of the next thirteen European championships from 1947 onwards?
Which country started to appear in the 1980s, winning their first of two titles in 1983?
How is the knockout stage of EuroBasket formatted?
Who are the only players to win the MVP award twice at EuroBasket?
Who were the Top Scorers 4 times each at EuroBasket?
EuroBasket: Europe's Basketball Championship
- EuroBasket is the primary international basketball competition contested by senior men's national teams governed by FIBA Europe, the European zone within the International Basketball Federation.
- The competition was first held in 1935 and is generally held in August or September, in the offseason of major club competitions.
- The former Soviet Union holds the record for the most gold medals with a total of 14, while the current defending champion is Spain, who won the 2022 title.
- The Soviet Union won eleven out of the next thirteen European championships from 1947 onwards, with Yugoslavia being their main challenger during the 1970s.
- Western Europe started to appear in the 1980s, with Italy winning their first of two titles in 1983.
- Spain has been the dominant force in the first decades of the 21st century, having won four gold, three silver and three bronze medals, including the current title of 2022.
- 24 European teams take part in the final competition, with the current format beginning with a preliminary round.
- The knockout stage is a 16-team single-elimination tournament, with a bronze medal game for semi-final losers and classification games for the quarterfinal losers to determine fifth to eighth places.
- The medal table lists the national teams according to the respective table published by FIBA.
- The table shows players who have won at least 6 medals in total at the EuroBasket.
- The MVP and Top Scorer lists show all players voted as the MVPs and the Top Scorers of each EuroBasket edition, with Krešimir Ćosić and Pau Gasol being the only players to win the MVP award twice.
- Nikos Galis and Radivoj Korać were the Top Scorers 4 times each.
- The highest career points per game average was scored by Dražen Petrović, with an average of 28.0 points per game.
Think you know everything about EuroBasket, Europe's premier basketball championship? Test your knowledge with this quiz! From the competition's history to its format, top scorers, and MVPs, this quiz covers it all. So, whether you're a die-hard basketball fan or just curious about Europe's basketball scene, give this quiz a shot and see how well you fare. Get ready to dribble your way through some challenging questions and show off your EuroBasket expertise!
Ready to take the quiz?Play Quiz
Choose a plan
Flexible business plans for everyone. Perfect for corporate training, employee engagement and marketing campaigns.
- Available to everyone
- All features
- API Access
Learn smarter with our education plans. Designed just for students and teachers.
- Just for students and teachers
- Generate study materials
- Share quizzes with students