What is the name of the Italian luxury fashion house founded by Giorgio Armani in Milan in 1975?
What does Armani license its name and branding for?
What was Armani's strategy in the 1990s?
What is the name of Armani's furniture and home collection?
What is the name of the exhibition space opened by Armani in Milan in 2015?
What did Armani ban in 2016?
What is the name of the luxury hotel brand operated by Armani?
What did Greenpeace criticize Armani for in 2014?
What did Armani become a sponsor of in 2021?
Giorgio Armani S.p.A. is an Italian luxury fashion house founded by Giorgio Armani in Milan in 1975 that designs, manufactures, distributes and retails haute couture, ready-to-wear, leather goods, shoes, accessories, and home interiors. Armani licenses its name and branding to Luxottica for eyewear; L'Oréal for fragrances and cosmetics; and Fossil for watches and jewelry. By the 1990s, the company's strategy was to cancel licenses and take production in-house in a bid to exert more control over quality and distribution. In 2021, Giorgio Armani ruled out merging with either LVMH and Kering and reportedly also ruled out an offer by Stellantis to acquire a minority stake. Armani was the first fashion brand to decide to close its runway shows to the public amid the beginning COVID-19 pandemic, holding the event without audience. The Armani label also consists of a furniture and home collection called Armani/Casa. Armani collaborates with Rubelli and the Molteni Group to build the home collection. A confectionery is also under the Armani name called Armani/Dolci, and the Giorgio Armani label also has a florist under its name called Armani/Fiori. Giorgio Armani and Emaar Properties PJSC signed an agreement in 2005 for Emaar Properties PJSC to build and operate at least seven luxury hotels and three vacation resorts under the Armani name.Armani - Company Profile and Controversies
- Armani is an Italian luxury fashion house founded in 1975 by Giorgio Armani and Sergio Galeotti.
- The company operates in 25 countries and has over 300 stores worldwide.
- The brand's revenue in 2020 was €1.6 billion.
- Armani has a broad product portfolio, including clothing, accessories, beauty, home decor, and hotels.
- The company operates two hotels under the Armani Hotels & Resorts brand, one in Dubai and one in Milan.
- Armani also operates two luxury clubs under the Armani/Privé name in Milan and Dubai.
- In 2015, Armani opened Armani/Silos, an exhibition space in Milan, which has hosted solo exhibitions of various artists and photographers.
- Armani has been a major supporter of the Venice Film Festival since 2018 and was the event's main sponsor in 2019.
- The company banned animal fur in 2016 and signed the "Fashion Pact" in 2019 to address climate change.
- Armani has faced controversy in the past, including concerns about a donation made to the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in New York and a lawsuit filed by a former general counsel accusing the company of discrimination.
- In 2021, the company became a sponsor of the Scuderia Ferrari, supplying formal attire and travel wear to the team's management, drivers, and technicians.
- Armani also designs suits for Italy's national football team and makes kits for Serie A football side Napoli under its EA7 brand.
- The company paid 270 million euros to Italian tax authorities in 2014 to settle a dispute over payments from the group's subsidiaries abroad.
- Greenpeace criticized Armani in 2014 and other luxury brands for using chemicals that could pollute waterways in children's clothing and shoes; in response, Armani committed to abolishing all chemicals that could harm the environment at its production sites by 2020.
Test your knowledge of one of the most iconic Italian luxury fashion houses with our Armani Company Profile and Controversies quiz. From the brand's history and product portfolio to its involvement in the Venice Film Festival and its commitment to sustainability, this quiz covers it all. See how much you really know about Armani's past and present controversies, its collaborations, and its famous supporters. Take the quiz now and put your Armani knowledge to the test!
Ready to take the quiz?Start Quiz
Upgrade to continue
Save an additional 20% with coupon: SAVE20
To do that, you need to upgrade to a paid plan.