How much do you know about the fashion industry in the United States?
What city is considered the premier fashion destination in the middle American market?
What type of clothing is Boston and the general New England area known for?
Which city is known for casual attire and womenswear?
What is the name of the most influential fashion week in the United States?
Which city is known for eco-conscious fashion?
Which event is widely regarded as the world's most prestigious fashion event?
What type of clothing is Miami known for?
Which city is considered a big market for the fast-fashion and cosmetics industries?
Who popularized blue jeans as work clothes in the 1850s?
Fashion in the United States of America
- The United States is the leading country in the fashion design industry.
- New York City and Los Angeles are the centers of America's fashion industry.
- American fashion is eclectic and predominantly informal.
- Blue jeans were popularized as work clothes in the 1850s by Levi Strauss, an American merchant of German origin in San Francisco.
- The headquarters of many leading designer labels such as Ralph Lauren Corporation, Calvin Klein, J.Crew, Michael Kors, Alexander Wang, Vera Wang, Marc Jacobs, Oscar de la Renta, Diane von Furstenberg, Donna Karan, and Victoria's Secret, reside in Manhattan.
- New York Fashion Week is one of the most influential fashion weeks in the world and occurs twice a year.
- The annual Met Gala ceremony in Manhattan is widely regarded as the world's most prestigious fashion event.
- Social media is a place where fashion is presented most often.
- Dress norms in the United States are generally consistent with those of post-industrial Western nations and have become largely informal since the mid-20th century.
- Miami is known for swimwear, Boston and the general New England area for formal menswear, Los Angeles for casual attire and womenswear, and cities like Seattle and Portland for eco-conscious fashion.
- Chicago is known for its sportswear, and is the premier fashion destination in the middle American market.
- Dallas, Houston, Austin, Nashville, and Atlanta are big markets for the fast-fashion and cosmetics industries.
Discover fascinating facts about the fashion industry in the United States with this quiz! From the origins of blue jeans to the fashion capitals of New York City and Los Angeles, test your knowledge on the eclectic and informal fashion style that dominates American culture. Learn about the headquarters of top designer labels and the most influential fashion events in the country. Find out which cities are known for specific fashion trends and discover how social media has changed the face of fashion. Take this quiz to become a fashion expert on the United States
Ready to take the quiz?Start Quiz
Upgrade to continue
Save an additional 20% with coupon: SAVE20
To do that, you need to upgrade to a paid plan.