What is a financial market?
What is the primary purpose of financial markets?
What are derivative products?
What is technical analysis?
What is volatility?
What is the difference between the primary market and the secondary market?
What is the purpose of capital markets?
Who can borrow by issuing bonds?
What is the trading basis for currencies and bonds?
Overview of Financial Markets
- A financial market is a market in which financial securities are traded at low transaction costs.
- The term "market" is used for exchanges that facilitate the trade in financial securities.
- Trading of currencies and bonds is largely on a bilateral basis, although some bonds trade on a stock exchange.
- Financial markets refer to the markets that are used to raise finances.
- Capital markets allow corporations to gain long-term funding to support expansion.
- Without financial markets, borrowers would have difficulty finding lenders themselves.
- Governments borrow by issuing bonds, and municipalities and local authorities may borrow in their own name.
- Derivative products are financial products that are used to control risk or exploit risk.
- Technical analysis is the basis of attempting to predict future changes in the stock market.
- The scale of changes in price over some unit of time is called the volatility.
- The primary market is where the newly started company issued shares to the public for the first time through IPO.
- Secondary market is the market where the second hand securities are sold.
Test your knowledge of financial markets with this informative quiz! From the basics of trading financial securities to understanding the role of capital markets, this quiz covers it all. Learn the difference between primary and secondary markets, explore the use of derivative products, and discover the importance of technical analysis. With this quiz, you'll gain a better understanding of the financial world and the role it plays in our economy. Put your financial market knowledge to the test now!
Ready to take the quiz?Start Quiz
Upgrade to continue
Save an additional 20% with coupon: SAVE20
To do that, you need to upgrade to a paid plan.