What is the name of the most lifeless area in the ocean studied?
What is the highest point on Earth?
What is the lowest natural point on Earth?
What is the name of the coldest inhabited place on Earth?
What is the name of the highest point attainable by transportation on Earth?
What is the name of the oceanic pole of inaccessibility in the Pacific Ocean?
What is the name of the farthest-apart cities on Earth?
What is the name of the coldest temperature recorded on the surface of Antarctica?
What is the name of the tallest mountain on Earth measured from base to summit?
Extreme Geographical Points and Other Geophysical Records on Earth
- Lists of extreme geographical points and records on Earth
- Northernmost and southernmost points on Earth
- Easternmost and westernmost points on Earth
- Longest grid lines along constant latitude
- Longest grid lines along constant longitude
- Longest straight lines that can be drawn between any two points on the surface of the Earth
- Longest straight lines passing through the Earth's centre, as distinct from geodesic lines
- Highest points on Earth
- Highest points attainable by transportation on Earth
- Lowest natural points on Earth
- Lowest artificial points on Earth
- Lowest points attainable by transportation on Earth
- The most lifeless area in the ocean studied is the South Pacific Gyre
- Continental and oceanic poles of inaccessibility
- Farthest-apart cities
- Centrepoints on the Earth's surface
- Geophysical extremes, such as the tallest mountain and greatest vertical drop
- Greatest oceanic depths
- Coldest and hottest inhabited places on Earth
- Ground temperatures can exceed air temperatures by 30 to 50 °C
- Satellite measurements of ground temperature taken between 2003 and 2009 found a maximum temperature of 70.7 °C
- Satellite measurements of the surface temperature of Antarctica found a coldest temperature of -93.2 °C
- Extreme points by region for Afro-Eurasia, the Americas, Oceania, Antarctica, and the Arctic.
Do you know where the highest and lowest points on Earth are located? Can you name the northernmost and southernmost points on our planet? Test your knowledge of extreme geography with our quiz on geographical points and other geophysical records on Earth. From the tallest mountains to the coldest inhabited places, this quiz will challenge your understanding of the extremes found on our planet. Explore the longest lines of latitude and longitude, the most lifeless area in the ocean, and more. Put your geographical knowledge to the
Ready to take the quiz?Play Quiz
Choose a plan
Flexible business plans for everyone. Perfect for corporate training, employee engagement and marketing campaigns.
- Available to everyone
- All features
- API Access
Learn smarter with our education plans. Designed just for students and teachers.
- Just for students and teachers
- Generate study materials
- Share quizzes with students