Discover Your Knowledge of Social Influence with this Engaging Quiz!
What is social influence?
What are the three broad varieties of social influence identified by Herbert Kelman?
What is compliance in social influence?
What is identification in social influence?
What is internalization in social influence?
What is conformity in social influence?
What is minority influence in social influence?
What is obedience in social influence?
What is propaganda in social influence?
Social Influence: Alteration of Attitudes and Behaviors Based on Outside Influences
- Social influence is the way individuals change their behavior to conform to the demands of a social environment.
- Social influence takes many forms such as conformity, socialization, peer pressure, obedience, leadership, persuasion, sales, and marketing.
- Herbert Kelman identified three broad varieties of social influence: compliance, identification, and internalization.
- Compliance is the act of responding favorably to a request offered by others.
- Identification is the changing of attitudes or behaviors due to the influence of someone who is admired.
- Internalization is the process of acceptance of a set of norms established by people or groups that are influential to the individual.
- Conformity is a type of social influence involving a change in behavior, belief, or thinking to align with those of others or with normative standards.
- Minority influence takes place when a majority is influenced to accept the beliefs or behaviors of a minority.
- Obedience is a form of social influence that derives from an authority figure, based on order or command.
- Propaganda is information that is used primarily to influence an audience and further an agenda.
- Hard power is the use of military and economic means to influence the behavior or interests of other political bodies.
- Social impact theory asserts that there are three factors that increase a person's likelihood to respond to social influence: strength, immediacy, and number.
Test your knowledge on the various types of social influence and their effects on behavior and attitudes with this quiz! From conformity and obedience to propaganda and hard power, this quiz covers the key concepts in social influence. Explore the different types of social influence and how they shape behaviors, and test your understanding of the factors that increase a person's likelihood to respond to social influence. See how well you grasp the nuances of social influence and its impact on society with this engaging quiz!
Ready to take the quiz?Play Quiz
Choose a plan
Flexible business plans for everyone. Perfect for corporate training, employee engagement and marketing campaigns.
- Available to everyone
- All features
- API Access
Learn smarter with our education plans. Designed just for students and teachers.
- Just for students and teachers
- Generate study materials
- Share quizzes with students