What is adventure travel?
What has hampered measurement of the market size and growth of adventure tourism in the United States?
What are the motivations behind adventure travel?
Which of the following statements is true about women's participation in adventure sports tourism?
What has increased the worldwide interest in adventure travel?
What is jungle tourism?
What is overlanding?
What is scuba diving?
What is extreme tourism?
Adventure Travel: A Niche Tourism
- Adventure travel is a type of niche tourism that involves exploration or travel with a certain degree of risk and may require special skills and physical exertion.
- Adventure tourism has grown in recent decades in the United States, but lack of a clear operational definition has hampered measurement of market size and growth.
- Adventure travel may be any tourist activity that includes physical activity, a cultural exchange, and connection with nature, according to the Adventure Travel Trade Association.
- Adventure tourists may have the motivation to achieve mental states characterized as rush or flow, resulting from stepping outside their comfort zone.
- Adventure sports tourism has traditionally been dominated by men, although women's participation has grown.
- Access to inexpensive consumer technology, with respect to Global Positioning Systems, flashpacking, social networking, and photography, have increased the worldwide interest in adventure travel.
- Adventurer travelers began to push to the limits, with the mountaineering of Matterhorn in 1865 and the river rafting on the Colorado River in 1869.
- There is a trend for developing tourism specifically for the disabled. Adventure travel for the disabled has become a US$13 billion a year industry in North America.
- Extreme tourism involves travel to dangerous (extreme) locations or participation in dangerous events or activities.
- Jungle tourism is a subcategory of adventure travel defined by active multifaceted physical means of travel in the jungle regions of the earth.
- Overlanding is a form of extended adventure holiday, embarking on a long journey, often in a group.
- Scuba diving is a sport in which participants explore underwater places while inhaling compressed air from tanks.
Test your knowledge on adventure travel with this exciting quiz! From jungle tourism to scuba diving, this quiz covers a variety of topics related to niche tourism. Learn about the history of adventure travel, the motivations behind it, and the different types of activities involved. Challenge yourself and see how much you know about this growing industry that appeals to thrill-seekers and nature lovers alike. Don't wait, take the quiz now and see if you're an adventure travel expert!
Ready to take the quiz?Start Quiz
Upgrade to continue
Save an additional 20% with coupon: SAVE20
To do that, you need to upgrade to a paid plan.