What is the purpose of academic conferences?
What types of presentations are usually included in academic conferences?
What are the three types of academic conferences?
What is the usual requirement for prospective presenters?
What is the difference between single track and multiple track conferences?
What are predatory conferences?
What is the impact of academic conferences on the environment?
Who can be excluded from in-person conferences?
What is the advantage of virtual or hybrid conferences?
Overview of Academic Conferences
- Academic conferences are events where researchers present and discuss their scholarly work.
- Conferences usually include various presentations, such as keynote lectures, panel discussions, round tables, poster sessions, and workshops.
- Academic conferences can be in-person, virtual, or hybrid (in-person and virtual).
- Prospective presenters are usually asked to submit a short abstract of their presentation, which will be reviewed before the presentation is accepted for the meeting.
- Some disciplines require presenters to submit a paper that is peer-reviewed by members of the program committee or referees chosen by them.
- Academic conferences can be single track or multiple track, and they might be called symposiums, congresses, or conferences.
- Social or entertainment activities such as tours and receptions can be part of the program.
- Academic conferences can be organized by a scientific society or a group of researchers with a common interest.
- Predatory conferences are exploitative events that do not provide proper editorial control over presentations.
- Academic conferences generate a large carbon footprint due to the amount of airplane traffic generated by them.
- In-person conferences can be inaccessible for researchers from low-income countries, researchers with care duties, or researchers facing visa restrictions.
- Virtual or hybrid conferences allow people from different time zones to participate simultaneously.
"Test Your Knowledge: Academic Conferences" - Think you know everything there is to know about academic conferences? Take this quiz to put your knowledge to the test! From single track to multiple track conferences, in-person to virtual events, and even predatory conferences, this quiz covers it all. Learn more about the various types of presentations, submission processes, and even the carbon footprint generated by these scholarly meetings. Challenge yourself and see how much you really know about academic conferences!"
Ready to take the quiz?Play Quiz
Choose a plan
Flexible business plans for everyone. Perfect for corporate training, employee engagement and marketing campaigns.
- Available to everyone
- All features
- API Access
Learn smarter with our education plans. Designed just for students and teachers.
- Just for students and teachers
- Generate study materials
- Share quizzes with students